On May 17, 2022, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decided to provide the opportunity to register, re-register, deregister all (not just new) cars through the Centers for the Provision of Administrative Services (center nadannia administratyvnyh poslug) – CNAP.
The legal and social foundations of road traffic are enshrined in the Law of Ukraine “On Road Traffic”. According to the requirements of Article 34 of this Law, vehicles of all types: cars, buses, motorcycles of all types, makes and models, self-propelled vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers for them, motorized carriages, other equivalent vehicles and mopeds used on state highways, subject to state registration and accounting.
The state registration of a vehicle consists in the implementation of a set of measures related to the verification of documents, verification of the presence / absence of any encumbrances (including according to the State Register of Encumbrances on Movable Property), reconciliation and, if necessary, examination of the identification numbers of the components and inspection of the vehicle funds, execution and issuance of registration documents and license plates.
State registration of registered vehicles includes the process of registration, accumulation, generalization, storage and transfer of information about registered vehicles and their owners.
As stipulated by the Law “On Road Traffic”, the state registration and accounting of vehicles is carried out by the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
However, some administrative services, incl. services of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine are mandatory for provision through the centers for the provision of administrative services.
The list of administrative services of executive authorities and local self-government bodies that are mandatory for provision through the CNAP is fixed by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated May 16, 2014 No. 523-r “Some issues of providing administrative services through centers for the provision of administrative services” appendix.
On May 17, 2022, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine issued Decree No. 391-r, by which it made changes to this List. In particular, the changes relate to the ability of citizens to register, re-register and de-register used vehicles in the centers for the provision of administrative services.
What does it mean?
Prior to the adoption by the Cabinet of Ministers of this order, the TsNAP had the right to register or re-register with the issuance of a registration certificate and license plates only for new wheeled vehicles, mopeds, motor vehicles, trailers, and also to deregister vehicles in connection with their rejection as a whole (paragraphs 131 – 136 of the List).
By Decree No. 391-r, the CMU expanded the powers of the TsNAP, setting out paragraph 131 of the List, that is, the name of the administrative service that can be provided by the TsNAP, as follows: “Registration, re-registration of wheeled vehicles of all categories with the issuance of a registration certificate and license plates, deregistration funds with the issuance of an account card and license plates for one-time trips (for vehicles that, in accordance with the law, are not subject to inspection / expert research, or for which supporting documents have been submitted for its conduct, or if information about its conduct is contained in the unified information system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs ) .
So, if earlier such a service was available only for new vehicles, now citizens can register, re-register and deregister vehicles in the centers for the provision of administrative services.
Now, in fact, Ukrainians can choose where it is more convenient for them to use the above administrative service – at the service centers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs or the CNAP.
At the same time, the list of documents that must be submitted for registration of a car in the CNAP remains unchanged:
- an application submitted personally or by an authorized representative;
- registration number of the taxpayer’s account card;
- a document proving the identity and / or confirming the authority of the representative (for individuals – a notarized power of attorney; for legal entities – an organizational and administrative document on state registration (re-registration), deregistration of vehicles and a power of attorney issued by a legal entity);
- a document confirming the legitimacy of the acquisition, receipt, import, customs clearance of the vehicle;
- a document on the conformity of the vehicle design with the established traffic safety requirements;
- vehicle registration certificate (technical passport);
- a document indicating the cost of the vehicle (for the initial registration of the vehicle);
- payment documents (receipts) certifying payment for administrative services
- a registration or equivalent document confirming the registration of the vehicle with the relevant authorities of another state (for registration of a vehicle that was in operation outside Ukraine and registered with the relevant authorities of another state);
- a document confirming the registration of a vehicle outside Ukraine (for registration of a vehicle temporarily imported into the customs territory of Ukraine). This does not apply to vehicles belonging to diplomatic missions and consular offices, representative offices of international organizations in Ukraine, their staff and family members of staff duly accredited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as intergovernmental organizations and their employees who are not residents of Ukraine.
A document on the conformity of the vehicle design with the established road safety requirements, the so-called certificate of conformity, is issued:
- the manufacturer or his authorized representative – a resident of Ukraine for each vehicle, the type of which meets the requirements of the unified technical requirements, as evidenced by the vehicle type certificate;
- authorized bodies or certification bodies designated by the Ministry of Infrastructure, accredited in accordance with the law, for each new vehicle that meets the requirements of the unified technical prescriptions, but whose conformity with the type is not confirmed by a vehicle type certificate, as well as for a used one.