What documents are required to appoint a guardian for an elderly person?
- notification of state, public organizations or statement of a citizen (citizens);
- a copy of the birth certificate of the person in need of guardianship or another document confirming his age (copy of passport);
- a court decision to recognize this person as incapacitated; an act of surveying the living conditions of a person in need of care and a description of his property; health certificates of the person in need of care (if he previously lived separately) and the future guardian (guardian);
- a certificate of the place of residence of the future guardian and his statement on assuming guardianship responsibilities;
- an act of checking the living conditions of the future guardian and a conclusion from guardianship and guardianship authorities at the guardian’s place of residence about the possibility of performing guardianship duties;
- a certificate from a medical institution on the absence in the family of the future guardian (guardian) of diseases that prevent the placement of a person in need of care.
How to arrange permanent care for an elderly person?
The registration procedure is quite simple, because there is no need to recognize a person with limited legal capacity or incapacity in a court of law. This requires, in particular, an application from the pensioner, in which there is a request for the appointment of a guardian for her/him.
The following must be added to such a statement:
- copies of passports;
- certificates of residence registration, as well as documents confirming ownership of property or the right to use property;
- a certificate from a medical commission confirming the need to care for an elderly person, as well as a certificate about the state of health of the person who wishes to provide care;
- you can additionally provide a description from the educational institution or from the place of work.
The application, together with the list of documents above, must be submitted to the authorized social protection body.