What documents are required to appoint a guardian for an elderly person?
- notification of state, public organizations or statement of a citizen (citizens);
- a copy of the birth certificate of the person in need of guardianship or another document confirming his age (copy of passport);
- a court decision to recognize this person as incapacitated; an act of surveying the living conditions of a person in need of care and a description of his property; health certificates of the person in need of care (if he previously lived separately) and the future guardian (guardian);
- a certificate of the place of residence of the future guardian and his statement on assuming guardianship responsibilities;
- an act of checking the living conditions of the future guardian and a conclusion from guardianship and guardianship authorities at the guardian’s place of residence about the possibility of performing guardianship duties;
- a certificate from a medical institution on the absence in the family of the future guardian (guardian) of diseases that prevent the placement of a person in need of care.
How to arrange permanent care for an elderly person?
The registration procedure is quite simple, because there is no need to recognize a person with limited legal capacity or incapacity in a court of law. This requires, in particular, an application from the pensioner, in which there is a request for the appointment of a guardian for her/him.
The following must be added to such a statement:
- copies of passports;
- certificates of residence registration, as well as documents confirming ownership of property or the right to use property;
- a certificate from a medical commission confirming the need to care for an elderly person, as well as a certificate about the state of health of the person who wishes to provide care;
- you can additionally provide a description from the educational institution or from the place of work.
The application, together with the list of documents above, must be submitted to the authorized social protection body.
If you need help, you can always turn to United International Partners https :// uip . company /